Bourgoin, Plate 186, top
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 2*22 (cmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains 8 regular two-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 72°.
- Contains four regular pentagons.
- Contains one regular 10-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 72°.
- There are 9 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has 6 finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 533 polygons.
- Photo by David Wade: EGY 1115 (Qalawun, Cairo, Egypt) from [wadei] (1279AD, 677AH)
- Photo by David Wade: LOU 029 (No location, Egypt) from [wadei] (16th century AD)
- Photo by David Wade: TUR 0106 (Selimiye Mosque, Edirne, Turkey) from [wadei] (1574AD, 982AH)
- Page 339 from [abas]
- Plate 186, top from [bourgoin]
- from Tony Lee (Similar to: Sultan Shah mosque, originally from Cairo, now in the V and A) from [pc]