Bourgoin, Plate 1, top
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *632 (p6m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 60°.
- Contains one regular hexagon.
- Contains one regular 6-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 63 polygons.
- Photo by David Wade: EGY 0203x (Ahmad Ibn Tulun, Cairo, Egypt) from [wadei] (876-9AD, 261-4AH)
- Page 31 (al-Hakim, Cairo, Egypt) from [hessemer] (975-1021AD, 363-411AH)
- Page 232, Fig 95b (Aljaferia Palace, Zaragoza, Spain) from [bonner] (1050-99AD, 441-91AH)
- Page 233, Fig 96d (Friday Mosque, Herat, Afghanistan, Central Asia) from [bonner] (1200AD, 596AH)
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, 37.40.27 (Nishapur, Ira. Tile Panel) from [pc] (1275-1325AD, 673-725AH)
- Page 62, top (Qalawun, Cairo, Egypt, Window) from [okane2] (1283-4AD, 681-2AH)
- Photo by David Wade: IND 0105 (Alai Darwaza, Delhi, India) from [wadei] (1305AD, 704AH)
- Photo by David Wade: IND 0404 (Alai Darwaza, Delhi, India) from [wadei] (1305AD, 704AH)
- 407:1-1898 (Damascus, Syria. Tile) from [vami] (1420-50AD, 823-54AH)
- E.3843:52-1938 (Cairo, Egypt. Sketchbook by James Wild) from [vami]
- Figure 2.5.4 (j) on page 85 from [gands]
- Figure 3.1, page 47 from [abas]
- Figure 4 (h) from [myers]
- Internet photo 173 (qaisun interior window decoration 14thc) from [d-avennes]
- Photo by Brian McMorrow (Kalon Minaret and Mosque, Bukhara, Central Asia) from [pc]
- Photo by David Wade: SYR 0332 (Khan al-Wazir, Aleppo, Syria) from [wadei]
- Photo by David Wade: TRA 0133 (Shah-i-Zinda, Samarkand, Central Asia) from [wadei]
- Plate 1, top from [bourgoin]
- Plate 28b (Agra, India) from [stronge]
- Vol 1, page 114, bottom (Arch round the courtyard, Mashhad, Iran) from [iran]