(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains one regular octagon.
- Contains one regular four-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 45°.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 55 polygons.
- Alamy photo (Mosque, Nur al-Din, Hama, Syria) from [pc] (1163AD, 557AH)
- Page 256, Fig. 124c (Esrefoglu Suleyman Bey, Beysehir, Turkey) from [bonner] (1296-7AD, 695-6AH)
- Page 112 (Amir Shaykhu, Cairo, Egypt. Stone floor) from [okane2] (1349-55AD, 749-56AH)
- Figure 1.86 (Tepe Madrasah, Iran) from [wilkinson]
- Figure 4 (j) from [myers]
- Page 34 (Topkapi Palace, Istanbul, Turkey) from [field4]
- Photo by David Wade: TRA 0301 (Shah-i-Zinda, Samarkand, Central Asia) from [wadei]
- Vol2, page 79 (Shrine of Sheikh Safi, Ardebil, Iran) from [iran]
- filing on Figure 2.5.4 (l) on page 85 from [gands]
Collections of similar tilings