Royal Palace, Meknes
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 22.5°.
- Contains one regular two-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 45°.
- Contains 7 regular 8-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are 13 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite and one dart) and one reflective pair.
- The tiling satisfies the two-colour condition with straight cross-overs, but interlace counts not determined.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 1237 polygons.
- Page 77, bottom right (Ben Youssef Madrasah, Marrakesh, Morocco. Slightly different colours) from [degeorge2] (1557-74AD, 964-82AH)
- Vol 1, page 252 (Ben Youssef Madrasah, Marrakesh, Morocco. Slightly different colours) from [paccard] (1557-74AD, 964-82AH)
- Page 149 (Royal Palace, Meknes, Morocco. Material taken from this large zellij panel by excluding the 16-point star) from [castera]
- Photo by David Wade: MOR 1225 (Ben Youssef Madrasah, Marrakesh, Morocco) from [wadei]