Royal Mosque, Isfahan
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 2222 (p2).
- Contains two regular five-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 36°.
- Contains one regular 10-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 108°.
- There is one non-regular reflective tile and four tiles with no mirror image.
- The tiling does not satisfy the two-colour condition.
- The tiling is not edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 283 polygons.
- Page 325, Fig 230 (Lower Maqam Ibrahim citadel, Aleppo, Syria) from [bonner] (1230AD, 627AH)
- Page 101 (Friday mosque, Yazd, Iran. Prayer hall) from [degeorge2] (1325-34AD, 725-34AH)
- Photo by David Wade: IRA 0212 (Royal Mosque, Isfahan, Iran) from [wadei] (1611AD, 1020AH)
- Photo by David Wade: IRA 0921 (Isfahan, Iran) from [wadei]