Sultan Barsbay Funerary Complex, Cairo
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 11.25°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 45°.
- Contains one regular 16-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 45°.
- There are 7 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the two-colour condition.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 403 polygons.
- Photo by David Wade: EGY 1218 (al-Mu'ayyad, Cairo, Egypt) from [wadei] (1420AD, 823AH)
- Photo by David Wade: EGY 1027/32 (al-Ashraf Barsbay, Cairo, Egypt) from [wadei] (1423AD, 826AH)
- from Internet (al-Ashraf Barsbay, Cairo, Egypt. Qibla iwan, minbar, detail) from [pc] (1425-33AD, 828-36AH)
- Fig 10.1c from [ww]
- Figure 168 (Cairo, Egypt. No colour in original,) from [wahhab]