Alhambra, Patio de los Leones
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 442 (p4).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains two regular 8-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are no non-regular reflective pairs and one tile with no mirror image.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 99 polygons.
- Photo by David Wade: SPA 0218 (Alhambra, Patio de los Leones, Spain) from [wadei] (1370-6AD, 771-7AH)
- Photo by David Wade: SPA 2803 (Alhambra, Patio de los Leones, Spain) from [wadei] (1370-6AD, 771-7AH)
- Page 367 from [abas]
- Pages 11 and 55 (Lion Courtyard, no colour) from [cahier]
- Photo by David Wade: SPA 0415x (Alhambra, Sala de los Reyes, Spain) from [wadei]
- Plate 16, Figure 26 (Telmont Castle, Morocco) from [elsaid]
- Vol 1, page 183 (/5) and page 430 (Royal Palace, Rabat, Morocco. Zalijs) from [paccard]