Alhambra, Mexuar Patio
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
The pattern occurs on the large carved stucco panel between the two doors in the south wall of the Mexuar Patio, the Fachada Solemne. The same pattern also occurs as a high stucco frieze in the south recess in the east wall of the Sala de los Reyes. See similar pattern Calvert, Moorish Spain, Plate XLIV.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains one regular octagon.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are 6 non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has three finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 295 polygons.
- From Tony Lee (Alhambra, Mexuar patio, Spain. South wall) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]