Alhambra, Sala de los Ajimeces
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
The pattern occurs as a carved stucco frieze just below the muqarnas ceiling of the Sala de los Ajimeces. The frieze becomes interrupted above the arched entrances to Mirador de Lindaraja on the north side and Sala de las Dos Hermanas on the south side by the presence of three blind windows over each arch.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 22.5°.
- Contains three regular 8-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are 10 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite and one dart) and one reflective pair.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has three finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 351 polygons.
- Photo from Nick Crossling (Spain) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]