Alhambra, Patio de los Arrayanes
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
A high stucco frieze running the length of both ends of the north portico of the Patio de los Arrayanes, but interrupted over the north arch into the Sala de la Barca by three window grilles.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 22.5°.
- Contains one square.
- Contains five regular 8-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are 14 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite and one dart).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has two finite interlaces and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 543 polygons.
- From a photo by John Rigby (Spain) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]