Agra, Gardens of Itimad-ud-Daula's Tomb
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 4*2 (p4g).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains two squares.
- Contains four regular 8-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are two non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling does not satisfy the two-colour condition.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 283 polygons.
- Part 4, Plate XXVII (Fatehpur Sikri, Friday Mosque, India) of E W Smith,. The Moghul Architecture of Fathpur-Sikri, Archaeological Survey of India, 1896. [smith2] (1571AD, 978AH)
- Internet photo, Charles O. Cecil (Itimad-ud-Daula's Tomb, Agra, India. Gardens of the North Pavilion, Inlaid Geometric Pattern in Stonework) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]
Collections of similar tilings
Patterns using same irregular tiles: 8