Registan Square, Samarkand
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
See also Samarkand, Ulugh Beg madrasah (1420).
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 7.5°.
- Contains one regular two-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 82.5°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 67.5°.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 97.5°.
- There are five non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 334 polygons.
- Flickr photo (Registan Square, Samarkand, Central Asia) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]