Mosaic floor, Qaytbay Madrasah
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains two regular octagons.
- There is one non-regular reflective tile (including one dart).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 127 polygons.
- Photo by Ayman Soliman (Qalawun, Cairo, Egypt) from [pc] (1283-4AD, 681-2AH)
- Page 258, Fig. 127a (Friday mosque, Yazd, Iran) from [bonner] (1324AD, 724AH)
- BL Add. MS 11856, ff. 94v-9 (The Four Gospels in Arabic, Palestine. Gospel of Luke) from [pc]
- E.3839:170-1938 (Cairo, Egypt. Sketchbook by James Wild) from [vami]
- Vol2, page 124 (Qaytbay, Cairo, Egypt. Mosaic floor) from [wahhab]
Collections of similar tilings