Rustem Pasha mosque
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 2*22 (cmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains five regular two-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 72°.
- Contains one regular pentagon.
- Contains one regular 10-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 72°.
- There are 7 non-regular reflective tiles (including 2 kites).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has two finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 295 polygons.
- Photo from Miroslaw Majewski (Rustem Pasha mosque, Istanbul, Turkey. Door panel) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (1563AD, 970AH)