Camlica Mosque, Istanbul
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 2*22 (cmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains two regular two-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 72°.
- Contains five regular five-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 36°.
- Contains one regular 10-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 72°.
- There are 7 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite and 2 darts).
- The tiling does not satisfy the two-colour condition.
- The tiling is not edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 637 polygons.
- Photo from Miroslaw Majewski (Camlica Mosque, Istanbul, Turkey. Wall decoration in the form of a plaster grid) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (2019AD, 1441AH)