The Citadel, Aleppo
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains two squares.
- Contains three regular two-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 45°.
- Contains one regular octagon.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are two non-regular reflective tiles (including 2 kites).
- The tiling satisfies the two-colour condition.
- The tiling is not edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 529 polygons.
- Photo from M Sakkal (The Citadel, Aleppo, Syria. Stone floor) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]