Chester Beatty Library Koran
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 15°.
- Contains one regular three-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- Contains one regular four-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 120°.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- There are four non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 449 polygons.
- Page 408, Fig. 335b (Great Mosque, Siirt, Turkey. Minaret) from [bonner] (1129AD, 522AH)
- 14th century Egypt (No location, Egypt. Chester Beatty Library, Dublin) from [pc]
- 899:1-1884 (Cairo, Egypt. Panel from a wall cupboard) from [vami]
- Fig 7.1a, 11.3a photo from [ww]
- Internet photo 282 (Location uncertain, al-naski qaisun minbar, Egypt. Woodwork details 14thc) from [d-avennes]
- Internet photo Thesaurus Islamicus Foundation: (al-Azhar mosque, Cairo, Egypt. Ottoman riwaqs of prayer hall, kursi) from [pc]
Collections of similar tilings