Tomb of Moulay Ishmael, Meknes
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 5°.
- Contains three regular two-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 30°.
- Contains one regular hexagon.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- Contains one regular 24-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 30°.
- There are 19 non-regular reflective tiles (including 4 kites) and one reflective pair.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 1009 polygons.
- David Wade photo: MOR 2443x (Tomb of Moulay Ishmael, Meknes, Morocco) from [wadei] (1732AD, 1145AH)
- Internet photo (Hassan II Mosque, Casablanca, Morocco. Ornamental element of the door) from [pc] (1993AD, 1414AH)
- Fig 14.13b from [ww]
- Photos on Internet (Mosque Side Ahmed Tijani, Medina, Fez, Morocco .Wooden door) from [pc]
Collections of similar tilings