Window grilles from the Abu al-'Ila mosque
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 3.75°.
- Contains one square.
- Contains one regular 16-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 52.5°.
- There are 7 non-regular reflective tiles (including 2 kites).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and two infinite interlaces with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 285 polygons.
- Thesaurus Islamicus ID=7630 M340P0010 (Abu al-'Ila mosque, Cairo, Egypt. Window grilles) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]
Collections of similar tilings