In Islamic style
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
This pattern is a transposition of the The symmetry group of the tiling is *632 (p6m) pattern in Attarine Medersa, Fez to a The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m) basis. The latter is Moroccan, and has the same construction as a non-interlace zellij pattern illustrated in [burckhardt], and there attributed to the Alhambra. However, similar pattern in the Alhambra --- from the lantern in the Sala de las Dos Hermanas and in the Cuarto Dorado --- are subtly different, in that the Moroccan versions retain the 8-stars on diads, whereas those in the Alhambra reduce the symmetry of this star to 2-fold.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 7.5°.
- Contains one regular hexagon.
- Contains one regular four-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 120°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 45°.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- There are 7 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite) and two reflective pairs.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and two infinite interlaces with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 287 polygons.
- From Tony Lee of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]
Collections of similar tilings